Based in Wrocław, Poland
PC / Mac / Linux
Jupiter Hell is a roguelike game in a 90's flavored sci-fi universe. Set on the moons of Jupiter, the game pits a lone space marine against overwhelming demonic forces. The game challenges the player to rip and tear undead, demons and unmentionable monstrosities, using classic weaponry including shotguns, railguns and the trusty chainsaw. All to the shine of CRT monitors and the tune of heavy metal! In gameplay terms Jupiter Hell is a classic roguelike, with tactical game mechanics core to the experience. It combines turn-based combat with procedural levels and the constant threat of permadeath to make an addictive and highly replayable game. However it also has the visual polish and smooth UI to make it accessible to a new generation of gamers.
Development of Jupiter Hell started in 2013, but on a part-time basis and with a smaller scope. Over time the scope grew to include 3D graphics and a much more ambitious game began to form. The engine for the game was built from scratch to be more able to reach the game’s ambitious goals. In June 2015 development accelerated with the acquisition of private funding and the opening of a new office in Wroclaw. The team expanded and preparation was made for a Kickstarter to secure further funding in November 2016.
- Classic roguelike features of turn-based, grid-based gameplay, procedural levels and permadeath.
- Modern look and feel, with 3D graphics, streamlined user interface, metal soundtrack and professional voice acting from Mark Meer (aka Commander Shepard of Mass Effect).
- Varied and engaging procedural environments, with a focus on tactical interactions.
- Purpose-built engine with adaptive animation speed to let players play as fast or slow as they like.
- Varied enemies and challenging boss fights.
- Tree-based character progression system.
- Loot and weapons inspired by classic 90s shooters.
- Advanced difficulty modes to provide the right level of challenge for even the most extreme players.
A message from Mark Meer YouTube
Jupiter Hell - Kickstarter Video YouTube
Jupiter Hell - Kickstarter Teaser YouTube
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Roguelike Radio - Episode 130: Jupiter Hell, successor to DoomRL
By Mark Johnson - roguelikeradio.com.
DoomRL ‘spiritual successor’ Jupiter Hell hits Kickstarter
By Alice O'Connor - rockpapershotgun.com.
Vacating Mars: Jupiter Hell Is The DoomRL sequel
By Alec Meer - rockpapershotgun.com.
ChaosForge is an independent games developer based in Wrocław, Poland. It was founded by Kornel Kisielewicz, the maker of the popular free game Doom, the Roguelike. The studio is now working on a high production value sci-fi roguelike, Jupiter Hell.
More information on ChaosForge, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Jupiter Hell Credits
Lead Programmer, Founder
Łukasz 'slizgi' Śliwiński
Roland La Goy
Composer, Sound Designer
Concept Artist and Illustrator
Lead Writer, Designer
Marek ‘rimmon’ Rybak